A range of Professional Liability products designed to meet the demands of professionals and businesses operating in today's dynamic and complex business environment.
Commercial Crime Insurance
Past experience shows increased criminal activity and discovery rates during periods of economic uncertainty.
Directors and Officers Liability Insurance
Directors and Officers Insurance protects an individual director or officer against legal costs and possible damages in defending allegations of wrongful acts in their capacity as a director or officer in the management of a company.
We understand the complexities of investment management, the ever increasing regulatory environment and the potential exposure faced by an investment manager.
Management & Legal Liability Insurance
Management and Legal Liability Insurance policy provides important coverage that organisations need in today’s challenging times.
Professional Indemnity Insurance covers companies and staff if sued for an act, error or omission in relation to professional advice given, or decisions made.
Security and Privacy Protection Insurance
Customers want to know they can trust companies.
Types of claims
- Professional indemnity claims arising out of the provision of professional services
- Libel, slander or defamation against a third party
- Loss of client documentation
- Legal liability for damages and claimants' costs/expenses arising from an act, error or omission/civil liability of the "company's" employees
- Wrongful or inadequate advice to a third party
- Acting without proper instructions or failure to act in accordance with the third party's instructions
- Failure to advise third party
- Breaches of Trade Practices Act eg misleading or deceptive conduct
- Breaches of statutes
Public & Associated Liabilities.
Product Safety and Recall Insurance
Demand for product recall cover has increased significantly over recent years as consumer awareness increases, legislative requirements become more stringent, supply chains more complex and contractual conditions more onerous.
High profile recall cases have added to customer concerns and fueled demand. The impact of a product recall event has the potential to cause severe damage to a company's brand reputation and balance sheet and, as such, it is a highly relevant concern for many of our customers.
In this environment, product safety and recall insurance provides a market-leading combination of recall planning and preparation advice, broad coverage plus post-loss consultancy to help minimise damage to the brand and the balance sheet.
Insured products include:
- Within customers’ care (eg within the warehouse and during transportation)
- Outside customers’ care (eg once the product has reached the retailer).
Who is the cover suited to?
Manufacturers, distributors and retailers of consumer, food & beverage products with a turnover exceeding $10 million.
- Consumer products: clothing/textiles, household & electrical goods, cosmetics
- Food and beverage products: fish, meat, cereals, bakery products, fruit and vegetables, food contact materials.
Combined General Liability Insurance
In today's litigious world, businesses have a potential liability for personal injury or property damage, such as:
- Visitors to premises
- Buyers of products
- Any locale where an organisation carries out work.
Combined General Liability Insurance combines public and products liability and is designed to help protect businesses for claims that arise from property damage, personal injury, punitive and exemplary damages. The policy also includes costs incurred under the Forest and Rural Fire Act, 1977.
We recognises how important this issue is to an organisation. We offer tailor-made solutions focused solely on company needs, backed by global support, exceptional service and expert delivery.
Employers Liability Insurance
Whilst New Zealand's accident compensation scheme, the Accident Compensation Corporation (ACC) provides cover for most accidents at work, employees can still sue for work-related illnesses that the ACC does not cover, including:
- Mental injury or stress not accompanied by any physical injury
- Nervous shock or fright not accompanied by any physical injury (this may result in serious illness, such as heart attack or stroke)
- Disease brought on over time (eg exposure to the elements or extremes of temperature).
All employers - no matter how large or small - are advised to have Employers Liability Insurance. The policy may cover damages and legal costs for employees who have suffered injury or disease arising from, and in the course of, their employment.
Statutory Liability Insurance
Statutory Liability Insurance is designed to protect the insured company and it's officers from financial losses as a consequence of an unintentional breach of an act or regulation. If they unintentionally break the law and face a criminal conviction, it helps to protect a company's:
Helping our customers understand and protect themselves from risk
With people’s safety at stake, managing risk is an important and necessary part of every workplace. And as well as reducing injuries and saving lives, a business that manages its risks well can enjoy greater efficiency and profitability.
Campbell Insurance Brokers can help our customers manage the risks within their business, to reduce the chances of something going wrong and the consequences if it does.
We can help them identify and manage a wide variety of risks associated with our employees’ health and safety, protection and security of your assets, products, marine operations, motor fleet and cargo. Within each area of risk we combine practical, on-the-ground expertise with a wide awareness of current trends and future developments.